Letter of Intent
Account Administrator (AA)
A grant meeting the following criteria:
- Today's date is between the budget start and end dates.
- The grant has an eRA System (IMPAC II) application status code of "Awarded. Non-fellowships only." or "Awarded. Fellowships only."
A use of program income earned during or after the project period that permits income that is generated under a grant to be added to funds committed to the project by the Federal awarding agency and recipient and used to further eligible project or program objectives. (See definitions for deductive alternative and cost sharing or matching alternative and the NIH Grants Policy Statement: 8. Administrative Requirements 8.3 Management Systems and Procedures-Program Income
- May be the same person as the signing official.
- Resides in either the central research administration office or academic departments.
- Create additional AO and PI accounts
- Not authorized to transmit applications to the NIH.
National Advisory Council or Board, mandated by statute, providing the second level of review for grant applications for each Institute/Center awarding grants. The Councils/Boards are comprised of both scientific and lay representatives. Council/Board recommendations are based on scientific merit (as judged by the initial review groups) and the relevance of the proposed study to an institute's programs and priorities. With some exceptions, grants cannot be awarded without recommendations for approval by a Council/Board.
Alteration and Renovation (A&R)
An ancillary clinical trial to a larger clinical trial may be considered an independent clinical trial if it includes an additional intervention to patients or a sub-population of patients within the larger clinical trial. An example of an ancillary study that is not a clinical trial could be research which involves analyses of stored samples collected in an ongoing clinical trial but no additional intervention to the human subjects/patients.
Animals in Research
Applicable Clinical Trial
Application Identification Numbers
- type of application (1)
- activity code (R01)
- organization to which it is assigned (AI)
- serial number assigned by the Center for Scientific Review (CSR) (183723),
- suffix showing the support year for the grant (-01)
- other information identifying a revision (S1), resubmission (A1), or a fellowship's institutional allowance. For contracts, the suffix is replaced by a modification number.
Application Type Code
8=Change of Institute or Division (Type 5 transfer to another NIH IC)
9=Change of Institute or Division (Type 2 transfer to another NIH IC)
Application Viewing Window
Within the viewing window, an SO can Reject the application and stop it from moving further in the process. After the viewing window, the application automatically moves forward for further consideration and the submission process is complete.
Assistant Role (ASST)
Authorized Organization Representative (AOR)
Average Programmatic Reduction
Basic Experimental Studies with Humans
One half of the cerebrum, the part of the brain that controls muscle functions and also controls speech, thought, emotions, reading, writing, and learning. The right hemisphere controls the muscles on the left side of the body, and the left hemisphere controls the muscles on the right side of the body.