General Purpose Equipment
Generally Acceptable Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS)
Government Accountability Office (GAO)
Government Printing Office (GPO)
In the context of NIH's R15 program, a graduate school offers advanced degrees, beyond the undergraduate level, in an academic discipline. Advance degrees include M.A., M.S., and Ph.D.
Grant Compliance Review
- type of application (1)
- activity code (R01)
- organization to which it is assigned (AI)
- serial number assigned by the Center for Scientific Review (183723),
- suffix showing the support year for the grant (-01)
- other information identifying a revision (S1), resubmission (A1), or a fellowship's institutional allowance. For contracts, the suffix is replaced by a modification number.
Sample Grant Number 1 R01 AI 183723 -01 A1 S1
Grant or Grant Agreement
A legal instrument of financial assistance between a Federal awarding agency or pass-through entity and a non-Federal entity that, consistent with 31 U.S.C. 6302, 6304:
(1) Is used to enter into a relationship the principal purpose of which is to transfer anything of value from the Federal awarding agency or pass-through entity to the non-Federal entity to carry out a public purpose authorized by a law of the United States (see 31 U.S.C. 6101(3)); and not to acquire property or services for the Federal awarding agency or pass-through entity's direct benefit or use;
(2) Is distinguished from a cooperative agreement in that it does not provide for substantial involvement between the Federal awarding agency or pass-through entity and the non-Federal entity in carrying out the activity contemplated by the Federal award.
(3) Does not include an agreement that provides only:
(i) Direct United States Government cash assistance to an individual;
(ii) A subsidy;
(iii) A loan;
(iv) A loan guarantee; or