Gene Expression Map of the Developing Rhesus Macaque Brain Contract awarded September 29, 2008
- The Allen Institute for Brain Science (Seattle, Washington) is under contract to conduct a high throughput analysis of gene expression in the developing Rhesus macaque brain.
- The goal is to produce a publicly accessible gene expression map of the macaque brain, and to lay the groundwork for mapping gene expression in the human brain.
- Under a subcontract, the University of California Davis will collect and prepare Rhesus macaque brain tissue for gene expression analysis.
Blueprint Resources Antibodies Initiative for Neurodevelopment (BRAINdev) RFA closed February 16, 2008
- In partnership with the UC Davis/NINDS/NIMH NeuroMab Facility, this initiative is funding the targeted manufacture and distribution of a large number of high quality monoclonal antibodies for neurodevelopment research.
- A list of antibody targets in progress can be found at www.neuromab.org under Current Projects.
Tools and Techniques for Elucidating and Manipulating Neural Circuit Development Closed September 17, 2007 - Five awards made in FY08
- Understanding how neural circuits take shape is essential for understanding how the normal brain functions and how abnormal brain development contributes to neurological and mental health disorders.
- This RFA solicited novel approaches for the study and manipulation of neural circuits as they form during development.